A smart phone doesn’t seem so smart when its speakers suddenly stop working. Both iPhone and Android users rely heavily on their speakers. Without them, you can’t listen to music, make calls using the speakerphone or hear an alert when a new text message arrives. A mute smartphone can be both annoying and frustrating.
Luckily, there are some basic troubleshooting suggestions that can usually solve a problem with an unexpectedly silent phone. A sound-free device could be caused by a simple mistake, a software malfunction or even damaged hardware. In some cases, the owner will have no other choice but to replace the speakers or purchase a new phone entirely. Both options can be quite costly. Try these common solutions before seeking cell phone repair in Tucson, AZ:
- Check the software: A software issues is one of the most common causes. The phone could be sending the wrong signals to the speaker, which stops it from working. This can usually be fixed in minutes by uninstalling and reinstalling the latest operating system.
- Make sure the phone isn’t on silent: It happens to all of us. We’ve all forgotten to flip the silent switch back to ring after leaving a meeting or movie. While this might be embarrassing, it is a free and simple fix.
- Turn the volume up: A bulky case could accidentally turn the volume down or flip the silent switch. Take the case off and make sure the volume is set to high before seeking cell phone speaker repair in Tucson, AZ. Double check that the volume is turned on in the settings menu.
- Check for headphone mode: The sounds play through the headphones jack when they’re plugged in, instead of through the speaker. Sometimes the phone might think the headphones are still plugged in even if they aren’t, causing them to try and play through headphones that aren’t there. Try switching the speaker from headphones to the phone itself.
- Restore the phone: This is the most effective way to ensure the speakers really are broken—and it should be considered as a last resort. Back up the contents of your phone and then restore the phone to its factory settings before re-uploading your own content. You’ll know immediately if the problem has been solved once the restoration is complete.
Still don’t hear anything?
If you still don’t hear anything, it means the phone speaker is broken. This happens often, as the speakers are one of the most fragile parts of the phone. Speakers make sound waves by vibrating a very thing piece of material. The sound will stop working if the material is damaged at all.
The good news is that it’s relatively easy to replace a speaker with the help of a professional. The team at Gadget Geeks can fix a sound issue in no time, either through some simple problem-solving or a full speaker replacement. Call us today for everything from troubleshooting and installations to cell phone repair in Tucson, AZ—we look forward to helping you!
Categorised in: Phone Repair